Terms for working
with Italian partners
Objective of the seminar:Increasing awareness for the problems connected to
a different mentality and culture as well as for the risks
and rewards of working with an Italian partner.
Target:People that want, in a brief time, to get basic information
relative to the objective of the seminar to avoid mistakes,
misunderstandings and offenses and to exploit the specific
opportunities offered by the partnership.
Length of the seminar: 6-7
hours (1 day);
Number of participants: 2-
Theme Complex 1: The state of things/ the
- What is the mutual perception of the two cultures
and why is it like this?
- What is the self-image and how high is the self
esteem of each culture?
- What are the specific talents and typical approaches
for building and creating?
- What are the results of partnerships with Italians?
Theme Complex 2: Time/ Rites and Rhythms / Feasibility
- What does time mean in the two cultures?
- Planning, work time and free time;
- Alcohol, coffee and food; rules of etiquette and
attire; choosing between Lei or Tu?
Theme Complex 3: Feasibility and planning
/ Linguistic aspects / Humour:
- Target oriented work in the two cultures; authority
and hierarchy; plans and objectives; feasibility;
- What are the special characteristics of the two
languages that reveal the the real essence of the
- Aspects of the diversity in humour to avoid embarrassing
situations without doing away with all the pleasantries.
Complex Theme 4: Gender Roles/ Verbal communication:
- The role of the woman in the business world and
in Italian society;
- Verbal communication habits, the tendency to be
brief or analytic, fine tuning intercultural abilities.
The seminar deals with four complex themes which we
have singled out by their particular differences, their
risk or richness in opportunities which we have found
in our experience of more than 10 years of collaboration
with Italian partners. The topics are introduced in
various ways and immediately become subjects of discussion
in the seminar to access the experience of the participants
and relate the treatment of the subject to the specific
needs of the people present. Then the discussion becomes
a short assignment and afterward an audio-visual presentation
or the reading of a text to give the participants the
opportunity to transform the information that they have
received into concrete actions.
Brief follow-up:We recommend completing the seminar with a brief
follow-up conversation after approx. 3 months. This
allows you to absorb the information you've received
and, above all, to exchange your impressions about the
application of the information you've received in the
daily work of everyday life.